Saturday, August 7, 2010

Mapped!

On Wednesday, we met up with Tinkris and Niwa at SACC to discuss about the unfinished business. So far, everything is OK and I gained back my trust with them after being convinced by Tinkris. Apparently, Niwa and I have nothing much to say and I am relieved with that. Only that, I'm a bit frustrated with the payment term, as it was my mistake too for not considering the terms carefully before signing it. I am not pleased when we have to pay the full amount before the event, because what if we are not satisfied with the service? We can never get a refund. But Tinkris has promised to give their best and I have no choice but to give her my trust.

LadyBoss and I have been quite busy sorting out the names and invitations to be sent. Please expect some late delivery, everyone. I am now learning to let go some of the things, and not thinking too much whether the cut is straight, the glue sticks or the paper is not folded on the corner left. *sigh*

Finalizing the guests list is somehow very challenging. Since my invitation card is hard-covered and thick, we try to minimize postage. Whoever live near our area, we'll dash to their place with a bundle. The first bundle has been sent to JB, people! By hand! Woot wooot~

I'm proud to say that my Nikah invitations were done by sincerely yours (",). It may not be superb and perfect, but I'm quite satisfied with it. I hate doing the map, but think that I've improved since I first drew it few years back. Heh.

At first, I thought of sending the design to my favourite printer, but due to time constraint and all, I decided to print them myself. It's pretty easy. With some basic knowledge of the softwares, I created the map using MS Visio, and the wordings, printed on the other side was done in Adobe Illustrator. 1 piece of A4 paper produced 6 cards. I bought 3 colours of A4 hard-type card, and printed on my LBP2900. One of them stuck halfway, so I had to monitor piece by piece when printing. And the result? ...
I only printed on 1 piece of blue paper, since I think these 2 colours (pink & purple) are more than enough at the moment. If they are not, I'll just print a few more on the blue ones. Of course, I did not cut out one by one using that blue scissors. Thanks to my 12"x 10" paper cutter, the cutting job was 'sap sap soi'!

In the middle of the hectics, my girlfriends did a little something to surprise me. Thank you ladies for reminding me that I should panic right now for not having anything complete! Nice nice nice! Ok, I should go now. Need to prepare for the despatch tomorrow. Oh, and we just got ourselves our very own 'Champagne'! Don't get me wrong, it's not the drink. Thank you, Yokoi~

Teh serai @ Lemon Grass Tea

Can't wait to go popo-artsy! Weeee~

The best cheesemuffs in town personally baked by Dahaisu & her ma'am. Love love love!

No comments:

Post a Comment